<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Something old, something now... 

I'm doing something these days that I haven't done since I was twenty years old: I'm listening to a new album everyday. Now this new album isn't always a new album for me. Sometimes is has been such a long time since I've heard it, that it is "new enough"...and that is ok too, but I would estimate that about 90% of the time, I'm begging, borrowing, and/or stealing (OK, sometimes actually BUYING) new albums to this end. Of course, I review about 20-25 new albums a quarter for E|I Magazine, that that is GREAT, but I have my own little gimpish tastes too, and they must be satisfied. Today I went BACK to Coltrane's "Ascension" and also FWD to his "Interstellar Space" album (I'd never heard it before). Amazing stuff. I think next week I'll start dusting off all of my 50s, 60s, and 70s avante-garde albums. I have a feeling I'll find a way to incorporate all of this in my next work(s). Oh, I'm also playing around with composing my second string quartet now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?