<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 10, 2004

My new favorite (old) CD is... 


Yesterday I happened upon the diskaholics anonymous trio's (Mats Gustafsson - tubax, ts, french flageolet; Jim O'Rourke - syn, computer; Thurston Moore - g) debut CD (2000) for sale at BOOK OFF over in Sangenjaya! This is great, robust stuff, kind of in the same vein as the FLOSSIN album (I reviewed it here a while back) but must, must better. I'll do a proper review sometime this week, but for now, all I'd like to mention that everybody out there is saying that this music's genre is 'Unclassifiable' but I couldn't disagree more! It is very CLOSELY related in terms of raw sound, to the 'Intuitive Musik' (or 'la musique intuitive', take your pic) of Stockhausen. I'm thinking here specifically of his 'composition' Aus Den Sieben Tagen. 'Fais Voile Vers Le Soleil', a track on this CD, is one of my all-time favorites, and it bears a striking resemblance to the diskaholics sound. Anyway, if you have a chance, check it out. More later!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?