<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

再読リスト 

In an effort to brace myself for the impending U.S. presidential elections, here is my personal list of books to re-read. I realise that the paucity of this list betrays my total lack of acumen in the political/ideological field, but these four books seemed to offer at least a not too poorly balanced historical/international survey. Naturally, if anyone out there would like to suggest additional books, feel free to drop me a line. I promise to scour the dusty bookshelves of Jinbocho's used bookstores for them until I find them, or until the elections are over, whichever comes first.

Treatise on Government by Locke
Democrary in America by Alexis De Tocqueville
America by Jean Baudrillard
Dude, Where's My Country by Michael Moore

Also, while I'm on the subject, I'm currently reading (for the first time) the following two books.

History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell
Death in the Afternoon by Hemingway




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?