<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

H 101 

Well, I finally finished my preliminary readings into Heidegger. (What DID you imagine the "H" stood for, anyway?) Aside from all the general talk of being itself, I found Heidegger's ideas about Death, History and Time (World-Time and 'Ordinary Time') most interesting. Also touching on the subject of Temporality, Heidegger's insistence that 'one tool is ontologically impossible' (BT, 353) was stunning. I wonder what he'd say about the 'ontical' situation that most of my friends and I face every day: our 'one tool-ness'...I'll have to think about the implications of this. Perhaps that's related to what K. Cascone said about keeping everything 'inside the box' (granted, he was speaking from a computer music point of view) but I can't be sure. Anyway, I'll continue my readings after I locate a few more books on the St. Martin of Messkirch. In the meantime, speaking of Saints, next up on my reading list is St. Augustine.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?