<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 9, 2003

Shimomeguro burning. (Well it ALMOST has as many letters as the Magnolia State.)  

Mississippi and Shimomeguro...one of these things is just like the other. Early this morning (from 3 to 5) I watched a television broadcast of Mississippi Burning and was reminded of all that I left behind in the South...and some of the things that are still waiting for me. After finishing the movie, I went for one of my regular early-morning walks along the river, which pretty much cleared my head and made me glad to be here in Tokyo where wackos like that can't touch me. Well, guess who I ran into? A very, very long (longest to date that I've seen) Right-Wing caravan of "speakermobiles" creeping along Meguro-Dori with their drivers dressed up like Japanese versions of Cival War re-enactment freaks. These flag and banner wavers were keen on letting us all know that Japan has been corrupted for too long by foreign influences, and that we need to re-install the Emperor in all of his former power and glory. Perhaps these guys where doing some kind of pen-friend exchange thing with the KKK and their girlfriends where meru-tomos with the DAR? Or was it the UDC? Is this the M.P.L.A.? Is this the U.D.A.? Is this the I.R.A.? I thought it was the U.K., or just another country and other cunt-like tendencies.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?