<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Bookmobile 

Here is a list of the books that I've been re/devouring for the past two months or so. If you see something that interests you, if you have a comment, or you'd like to suggest a book for me to check out, I'm always interested.

Of course, my friends who have made their objections known to this recently resurrected bookworm, cite my increasingly reclusive nature. granted, these objections are sustained. Also, due to the oxorbitant price of imported books in japan, my ever dwindling bank account lends further gravity to their point.

However, my favorite southerner Mark Twian once said that "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." I hold this maxim to be self-evident. After all, I could be spending all my money on weed, like all the folks i knew back in LA, and where would that get me, dude?

A Mammal's Notebook: Collected Writings of Erik Satie (Atlas Arkhive , No 5)
The Empire of Signs
Barthes: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Barthes and the Empire of Signs (Postmodern Encounters)
Coming Out in Japan
Postcolonialism: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Foucault and Queer Theory (Postmodern Encounters)
Queer Theory and Social Change (Opening Out)
Deconstructing Disney
Globalization: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Lyotard and the End of Grand Narratives (Political Philosophy Now)
Golden Arches East: McDonald's in East Asia
The Crisis of Reason: European Thought, 1848-1914 (Yale Intellectual History of the West)
Marx: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal
The Spirit of Terrorism: And Requiem for the Twin Towers
Screened Out
America
Stupid White Men
Simulacra and Simulation (The Body, in Theory : Histories of Cultural Materialism)
Islam: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
An Introduction to Theories of Popular Culture

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?